Here is a sample from our latest published issue of Galen's Watch. In the latest issue there were sections on acupuncture/acupressure, botanical medicine, diet, naturopathy, other therapies, pediatrics, supplemental therapy and women. The women's section, in it's entirety, is in the sample edition.
- Galen's Watch is a journal watch focused on complementary and alternative medicine.
- Galen's Watch enables health practitioners to spend more time with their patients, while keeping fully up-to-date with current medical research.
- Each edition of Galen's Watch summarizes clinically relevant human studies sourced from over 80 complementary, alternative and mainstream peer-reviewed medical journals.
- Our journal watch is published electronically 6 times a year.
- We screen for medical studies pertinent to Complementary and Alternative Health Professionals: Naturopaths, Medical /Clinical Herbalists, Nutritionists, TCM Practitioners, Homeopaths, Midwives, Doulas, Aromatherapists and Alternative MDs.
- Galen's Watch does not review studies that involve animal or histological studies.
In this issue there is a large number of studies concerning women. For the fertile years there are studies on calcium and vitamin D supplementation in PCOS, the effects of probiotics during pregnancy on vaginal health and vitamin C and E supplementation with oral contraceptives to reduce oxidative stress. Bone health is addressed in studies with Yerba mate, green tea and Tai Chi and their effect on bone mineral density. Menopausal symptoms are are assuaged with red clover isoflavones, pycnogenol, black cohosh extract and EstroG-100. Jump ahead and read the women's health section